Sunday, February 22, 2009

What's for Dinner????

Day 1

We are going to cook for 3 meals any cooked meat will store up to 1 week in refrigerator or freeze for upto 1 month.Drop 4-5 or even 6-8 chicken breast into Crock pot. Salt and Pepper and if frozen add NO water. I added carrots celery and onion. Now my Pot pie is ready to assemble. I also used dehydrated because it is winter and fresh is expensive. I buy my dehydrated from the Prepardness store but I am looking for a better source.
Cook till completly done, no pink about 6-8 hours. You want them very tender.
When completly cooked I take a pair of kitchen scissors and chop into bit size pieces.

Now for meal 1. Pull out 1 1/2 cups of meat and veggies. I make a gravy and usually I have left over mashed potatoes from Sunday. Serve with some carrots sticks or apple slices and left over rolls from Sunday. (How easy)

Day 2

Make a Jello- your favorite, I dont have one.
Fry 2-3 lbs of ground beef. season with salt and pepper and maybe a bit of onion.
Tonight we are going to make a Shepards pie with a twist. Instead of using your potatoes or Tater tots, We are going to top with Pie crust. Make fresh or use Pillsbury. ( I am not good at crust so I use easy Pillsbury. Not the most on the budget though. )

Day 3
Let's go Italian (use some of that hamburger you cooked yesterday)
On this blog in recieps there is a excellant reciep for Homemade Spagetti sauce. Now all you have to do is boil the noodles and fix a roll or even a cheap Pillsbury Pizza crust. Roll out and butter and sprinkle with Garlic salt and slice into sticks.

Day 4
Tonight we are going to pull out Reserve Chicken.
We are going to make Biscust Wraps.
Add 1 beaten egg, 1 Tb water, 1 green onion chopped, this is more for color. 1/2 c celery. If your family dosent like celery substitute with apple. 1 tsp salt & pepper. 2 tsp Miracle Whip or for you die hearts Mayonnaise.

Stir well. Using Biscut dough, cut biscut in half horizontally, flatten and fill with filling. Top with top half and seal edges.
Bake at 350 for 17--18 minutes. Until golden brown.

Serve with left over Jello, or a fresh salad.

On Monday or Tuesday you should have baked a cake or maybe cookies for Dessert. But stay out of them during the day.

I have left day 5 open as it is usually Friday. I suggest you make homemade Pizza and let the kids help. Stay in and watch a movie and save enough money for next weeks groceries. use your ground beef on the Pizza or do a Ranch Chicken with left over chicken and sprinkle with dry Ranch dressing before topping with cheese.

No comments: