Thursday, January 15, 2009

So today I thought its cold and dreary outside and maybe my Sweetie would like a good lunch.
You see my husband and I have had lunch together for about 15 years now. Not many days have we missed. I know this is a rare occasion for many of us.

I went surfing and came across Pillsbury Cook-off recipe from the early 1970's. See that is my day.
Superspeedway Taco Pie. I have changed it a bit because it calls for Taco Seasoning. Well, there is something in those packets that make Dell so sick. So I changed it and think it is much better. I made it in a smaller portion so as not to have left overs. It all depends on your family. Adjust as needed.
Speedway Taco Pie
smiller 2009
1-2 lbs lean ground beef
1 tsp Garlic & Onion powder
1 tsp Chili powder
1 tbs Ground Cumin
Dash of Salt & Pepper
1/2 cup black olives- chopped or sliced
1 Pie crust - your choice
1/2 c Sour Cream
1 cup grated Cheese- you can use American or Mexican
Shredded Lettuce
Avacado- sliced
Salsa
Brown beef well adding spices as it cooks.
After beef is brown add 2 Tbs of flour right on top and stir in.
Add 1/2 cup of black olives chopped- I used big ones and cut in half.
While that cooks Prepare a Pillsbury pie crust or make your own.
Crush one small bag (lunch size) of Corn chips. I used Fritos.
Lay Corn chips onto of pie crust and smash them in a bit.
Top with beef and olives.
Spread 1/2 Sour cream on top corn chips, and then layer with Shredded cheese and remaining Corn chips.
For pretty- sprinkle top of cheese with a little Chili powder- go easy
Bake for 20 min or until hot and cheese is melted.
Serve with Lettuce and Avocado and a Tbspoon of Salsa
Let me know if you try it and give a rating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks really good I need to make that my boys would love it