Thursday, May 14, 2009

What a great idea! Book Sale


I have been in charge of the book fair for my elementary school this year, and let me just say Thank you first to anyone who has had to help or listen to me whine about this. DON'T get me wrong! I really like doing this. It's just a lot of work. And more yet, it is a little emotionally draining because of all the children that come to the book fair with $1.00 or $2.00 and never have enough money and leave very disappointed.
So I have come up with a great plan. And if anyone would like to try this or have suggestions for me please comment.
I am going to send notes to the parents of the school asking to donate any grade school aged books and then we will sale them at great low - everyone gets to buy something prices! I think it will be a great chance for ALOT of kids who otherwise get nothing. And a no cost to PTO but the money made can be used wisely for great stuff.
So what do you all think. Any questions or comments, PLEASE send to me. Any books, would also be helpful. Otherwise, think about trying this in your own schools. Have a great day!

2 comments:

The Hammers said...

That is a great idea! Have a bargain table and put cute posters up that say that everything is super cheap. I love it! I probably have some books I could donate for you also. Great job~

Christina said...

Great idea! Go for it!