Monday, June 8, 2009

What's for Dinner

I found this receipe on a blog from Ririe Stake Enrichment, (I know that is not right so someone come back and correct me.) Anyway I took the receipe and tweeked it to what I had in the kitchen. Here goes.

Ham & Cheese bake.
2c cooked ham-cubed
1/2 c Swiss cheese, I only had slices so I cubed them small
1/2 c Monterey Jack cheese- cut small to match the swiss
1 green onion- sliced small
1/4 yellow pepper- cubed small
1 carrot- cubed small like other veggies.No favorits here.
1 tsp. dried mustard
1Tb fresh lemon juice
1/3 c water
1 pinch of oregano, nutmeg,and a sprinkle of Paparika for color.
1 can Chicken cream soup- wish I would have had Cream Celery soup - chicken will work
1 frozen pie shell
2 cups dried old bread, cut into cubes.

This reciepe was one they suggested to be made ahead and then frozen till assembly time.This is what I did.

I chopped my veggies and cooked in water till broken down but not mussy. Added the spices and water and cooked for a about 2 min till it got thick. added soup, lemon juice. Cooked till soup broke down. Poured all over top of the ham and cheese. Poured into pie shell. Let rest.

Take the bread cubes and toast in frying pan with a bit of butter and a little olive oil. Be patient with these. Let them toast. Pour on top of pie and sprinkle with a bit more Paparika and bake till bubbly hot and serve with salad.

Let me know if you try this and how you would change it.

2 comments:

Kinie F. said...

Great Recipe! Do you us just a bottom pie shell or add a top to it?

Hayley said...

sounds great! Thanks for the new recipe! :)